Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Book Tour and Review: Cranberry Bluff by Deborah Garner


How far is far enough to get away from your past?

Title: Cranberry Bluff

Author: Deborah Garner

Publisher:Cranberry Cove Press; November 21, 2014

Book Description: Molly Elliott’s quiet life in Tallahassee, Florida, is disrupted when routine errands land her in the wrong place at the wrong time: the middle of a bank robbery.

Accused and cleared of the crime, she flees both media attention and mysterious, threatening notes, to move across the country to Cranberry Cove, where she has inherited her Aunt Maggie’s bed and breakfast on the Northern California coast. Her new beginning is peaceful – that is, until five guests show up at the inn for a weekend, each with a hidden agenda.

Mix together one blushing honeymoon couple, one flamboyant boutique owner, a deadpan traveling salesman, and a charmingly handsome novelist, and there’s more than scones cooking at Cranberry Cottage Bed and Breakfast. As true motives become apparent, will Molly’s past come back to haunt her or will she finally be able to leave it behind?


My Review:

Cranberry Cove sounds like a place I would visit and I would definitely stay at Cranberry Cottage Bed and Breakfast. On whole this was a good read. It was a bit tedious in a few place with a lot of descriptions but I still found it enjoyable to read.

The story is about Molly, a bed and breakfast inn owner who is trying to make a new life for herself after involuntarily being involved in a bank robbery. Life seems to be settling in for her until five guest show up. Five guests who are out for something other than a relaxing vacation in Cranberry Cove.

Mr. Charlie Miller was my favorite character. He was odd, reclusive and oh so O.C.D, he reminded me of one of my favorite detectives on tv, MONK. The other characters included Susie and Dan, the newlywed, Sadie, the wealthy boutique owner, I envied her ability to literally shop till she dropped! And then there was Bryce, a single, flirtatious novelist. While Miller was my favorite guest, the others were also well written and added their own charm and wit to the story. Each character is somehow connected to Molly and each other. The plots and twists throughout the story kept me on my toes (well, actually my bum) and reading on. I was pleasantly entertained and pleased with the ending. Kudos to the author. I did NOT see that coming! :D

Oh. Oh. Oh........

There are recipes at the end of the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doubly awesome!!!! :D

No comments:


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators