Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Friday, July 5, 2013

Guest Post: A Poet Name Fida

I love poetry though I have never really been good at it. So I admire anyone who is blessed with the talent to create poetry. I would love to introduce you all to a wonderful you lady who aspires to publish her very own collection of poetry. Meet Fida Islaih.  Fida will share her writing journey with us today. 
Take it away Fida!
 
~~~~~**********~~~~~~*********~~~~~~~~********~~~~~~~~********
 
I've been writing for as long as I can remember, but I didn't get serious until I was in middle school. I have a drawer full of unedited stories. 

I was first into writing poetry. I was sitting in class with a poetry project. I enjoyed it and write extra poems for it. After that I continued writing poems.

I read Does My Head Look Big in This by Randa Abdel-Fattah. It inspired me to write a similar story. A few months later I gave it a major rewrite. After that I was inspired to put all the good and bad experiences in different stories I wanted to write. I could make the MC do what I couldn't do. It made me feel better in so many ways. 

I'm hoping to self publish my poetry in the next few months and years. I might self publish my novellas, too. I'm also trying to make them full novels and be able to query them and maybe get an agent. I know a few are interested in the concepts, but like I said, I have to work on length. 

Like I said I've been writing poetry for awhile and I get easily inspired by everything: my experiences and nature. I have more than enough for a collection. 

Recently I participated in the A to Z Challenge and saw that from previous years people self publish their posts. I thought I should do the same. I also thought 26 poems isn't enough. I decided to put in 100 poems. I did exactly that. Right now I'm crowdfunding the collection so that I could get help monetary and professionally for self publishing it. 

I hope you guys are willing to join in. You can find the synopsis, excerpt, and place to donate at poetfida.pubslush.com 

Thank you! 

Fida Islaih, Poet

1 comment:

Fida Islaih said...

Thank you for having me here today!!


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators