Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Friday, December 7, 2012

PiBoIdMo 2012 in Review



I did it!!!! 

30 picture book ideas in 30 days!!

I can't believe it but it took me close to week to finally realize that I actually did it!

30 ideas in 30 days!

Honestly, it was a lot harder than I thought it would be, I mean really, we did not have to write a draft or complete story, only ideas. Last year, I did not complete the challenge coming out with less than 20 picture book ideas!

What was so different about this year than last?

* I got out more. A few of my ideas made their appearances while I was out walking or driving (I hated the ones that came about during driving because I had no way of writing them down!) Fresh air, nature, and sometimes light rain makes for great creative stimulation, especially on my way to get something to eat :D

* I listened more. Many of my ideas sparked from conversations I either had with folks or overheard (honest, I was not eavesdropping :D) from children, adults, and even teacher's in the resource room talking about the latest hilarious or not so hilarious happenings in their classroom.

* I rested more. Yes, believe it or not, resting all nice and comfy in my bed produces story ideas. But it is only when I'm thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to falling asleep. This November was kind of chilly this year so it made snuggling in bed with some quiet music quite easy!

Oh, and all the wonderful motivation, inspiration and encouragement from other PiBoIdMo participants was a HUGE factor in my completing the challenge by the skin of my nose (the last four story ideas came rushing in on the 30th!)

So now I have 30 picture book ideas...... now what?

Stay tuned :D

2 comments:

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Congratulations, Saba! That's fantastic! I love having my folders full of PiBoIdMo ideas - they're so great to dive into for inspiration!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thank you Susanna!!!!! :D I love the idea of having a folder to go back to as well. Actually, last night I started working on one of my ideas from PiBoIdMo :D Yay me!


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators