Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, April 1, 2012

A-Z Challenge: A is for Ashanti to Zulu









April is here and so begins the blogging from A to Z Challenge! I will be blogging and sharing with you all wonderful books that have multicultural themes and fla-va! Enjoy and Happy Reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A is for African Traditions in Ashanti to Zulu.


Author: Margaret Musgrove

Publisher: Puffin Books, July 15th, 1992

Ages: 3 and up

Info about the book:

Artists Leo and Diane Dillon won their second consecutive Caldecott Medal for this stunning ABC of African culture. 

This Caldecott Medal-winning book gives fascinating facts about African tribes and customs. The different tribes are listed in alphabetical order, and the illustrations are rich and beautiful.

Why I like this book: 

This book brings back wonderful memories of my childhood. It was a family favorite to check out at the library. :)



10 comments:

Nicole said...

Your theme for the challenge is really neat! And I love the vibrant cover on this one. Looking forward to learning about more books!

Beth Stilborn said...

This book looks great! Thank you for sharing it, Saba.

Looking forward to your month of entries in the A-Z Challenge!

Arlee Bird said...

Your link is apparently on the list since you've gotten two visitors for the A to Z so far.
Have fun with the Challenge.


Lee
A Few Words
An A to Z Co-host blog

Unknown said...

Hi Saba, lovely cover. Just visiting to find out what you are doing for the challenge and to say hi!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thanks Nicole. I've got quite of few unique ones I think everyone will enjoy! Loved your first post as well. I love that book!!!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thanks Beth. I can't wait to share the rest with you :)

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thanks Arlee :)

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thanks for stopping by C M. I will be glued to your blog as your story unfolds!!! :D

Tina Cho said...

Great idea to do multicultural books for this challenge!

Julie Hedlund said...

Looks like a beautiful book, and my son will study Africa in school soon. Perfect timing!


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators