Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (12) Wonder Struck by Brian Selznick


This week's teaser will be from a book I am reading, Wonder Struck by Brian Selznick. I read his first book, The Invention of Hugo Caberet and loved it. A friend loaned me both books. the illustrations in the books are just amazing. I have never read a novel that was filled with illustrations that complimented the story the way his does and in the manner that it does!

Ben hadn't realized how tightly he'd been gripping the seashell turtle until he felt it digging into his skin. He almost cried out, but he caught himself, not wanting to wake up Robby again.
That's when Ben noticed something very strange. In the black silhouette of his house, eighty-three steps away, a light had come on. The curtains in his mom's room glowed a bright yellow.
Ben stared in disbelief.

No comments:


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators