Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Muse: Monday Morning Sparks and No Snow Days!


Hello everyone! Welcome to another fabulous Monday!!! Over at Susanna's blog she is doing a fun Monday Morning Spark where the writer chooses five words to create a piece. Here are my five words, a pic from yesterday and my short piece using the five words. :) 

snow
white
cold
work
play

I woke up this morning to a white covered world. Snow blanketed the roads, trees, pathways and rooftops. As cold as it was, I jumped out of bed to check and see if school would be closed for snow-day. But would you know, no snow day. Instead we were opening up late but not so late that I get a few extra hours. No, we opened at 8:30 just when my shift started. Well, I got to work, ready to play (and learn) with my toddler classroom, all of them! That's right, we were open on MLK day and while many of the parent's had the day off, kids still arrived on time. So, the day went on as usual. We had breakfast, read books, played with musical instruments, learned and matched cut out felt shapes. Outside time was a blast. The little ones had a ball playing out in the white snow despite the cold. Even brought some snow inside to put in our sensory table to play with later. So, even though it was a cold, no snow day, full classroom, kind of work day, I had an awesome day with my toddlers!

4 comments:

Joanna said...

I thought MLK was a public holiday in the US!! Sounds like you had a wonderful, white day with those toddlers, anyway!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Me too! But yes, I did have a fantastic day :D

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Aww, so nice! Your toddlers are luck to have such a devoted teacher! Glad you were able to get some use out of the sparks :)

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thanks Susanna! Your sparks idea was great for getting me to write. I almost did not do my Monday Muse post but the sparks idea got me to think and write :)


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators