Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Picture Prompts: Cosmos




The night sky explodes with brilliance and color. A sound so deafening it lingers on even after the explosion. The ground shakes, trees fall and the mountains tremble. My body is thrown to the ground. Every building lay toppled or completely destroyed. Not even our fortified bunkers and sanctuaries are spared. But we knew this day was coming. 

For generations scientists warned of the great event. We knew our world would witness the birth of a new star system. We prepared for it. At least we thought we did. What we didn't know was that the new star system would open up a rift in our own galaxy. A rift that would either be a new beginning or a horrifying ending. 

But it is too late now. As the rift opens, we are bound to the fate of our world. Those who left before the great event, my family included, are likely safe in a faraway galaxy. But here I stand witnessing with my own eyes the most powerful birth of all. In all its beauty and glory, I  brace myself for what will come.

17 comments:

Carla said...

Oooh, how fun! I totally enjoyed reading this and absolutely love the picture!

It's nice to "meet" you! I also work with young children and had fun popping by your other blog. :) I do home child care and my own kiddos are 4 and 1. I can't wait to get to know you better!

Carla

Heather said...

This left me breathless it was so beautiful, truly. Wow, both the picture and the words were a seamless combination. I loved it!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thank you Carla!! :) What age range do you work with in your child care? I have young toddlers (one year olds) in my classroom though the child care goes for 0-5.

Thanks Heather!!! That means a lot coming from you!!! :)

Kerri Cuev said...

What a beautiful picture and great job with the prompt! I look forwad to reading your blog!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

THank you Kerri!! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that is cool!
I'm a fellow science fiction Campaigner as well.

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Beautiful picture!

I'm a fellow campaigner in the short stories group, and new follower. Looking forward to stopping back often.

Unknown said...

Oh my. What a gorgeous photo. I think I could sit and look at it for hours. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog. Looking forward to getting to know you more through the campaign.

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thanks Kris!! Isn't it gorgeous. Yeah, I think I'd brave a great event to get a look at something so beautiful too :D

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thanks Alex! Cool indeed. Gotta love Science Fiction!

Thanks for the visit and follow Ruth! Glad you could stop by. Yay for short stories! Looking forward to reading some of yours :)

Trisha said...

Fellow Campaigner (and Contemporary/Mainstream group member!) here, stopping by to say hi and...wow, that picture is stunning!

Nicole said...

Love it! Great, powerful picture and fun interpretation of the prompt!

TL Conway said...

Wow, what an amazing image! *click save to desktop*
The prompt you shared is amazing. Thank you for putting this out there!

Hello, from a fellow campaigner!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

HI Trisha! Welcome and thanks for stopping by. It is nice to meet you :) Yes, I LOVE this picture :D

Thanks Nicole!!! :D

Thank you TL! I would love to see/read some other interpretations of the pic as well ;)

Patricia T. said...

Breathtaking picture -- its magical! Just a fellow campaigner stopping by to say hello. Looking forward to to knowing you and will certainly visit you blog. I'm intrigued.

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Thank you Patricia! It is so nice to meet you! Looking forward to knowing you too. :)

The Blogger Girlz said...

Beautiful...
-Aaron


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators