Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Partay!!!!!! @Tara's!!!!

I love celebrating happy ocassions!! This happy occassion is dedicated to Tara's one year blogaversery at her blog, Tara Tyler Talks.



                                                       Happy Blogaversery Tara!!!!!

I am bringing yummy Cheesy Pan Enchiladas!!! My Fave!!!1 :D I have so many variations that I love, chicken, beef, vegetarian and even a mix of a few like the other day, I mixed refried beans with tuna :D
Now don't turn your nose up at it, it was actually really good! LOL! But here is a recipe for my beef enchiladas. Enjoy!

didn't have olives this time round :(
                     

Recipe: Easy Cheesy Pan Enchiladas

This recipe is really easy because you can pretty much make it with any ingredient you like, whether it is leftover rice or pre-cooked chicken. It can even be a vegetarian meal as well.

½ pound       Ground beef/chicken  
1 sm             Onion                
1 sm bunch  Chopped green onion  
1 tbsp           Crushed/chopped garlic
½ package   Taco seasoning        
 (to taste)      Black pepper          
10 shells       Corn Tortillas
1 sm can       Enchilada Sauce      
2 ½ cups      Sharp Cheddar Cheese      
1 sm can       Sliced Olives                
1 tbsp            Vegetable Oil      

* For a vegetarian substitute, use one can of vegetarian refried beans. I sometimes like to add leftover rice to the refried beans.

1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Brown the beef/chicken.
3. Once meat is cooked, add the garlic and onions and sauté until onions are soft.
4. Add seasonings to meat mixture; mix well.
5. Remove meat mixture from heat.
6. On a low flame or heat setting, heat the oil in a small pan.
7. Place a corn tortilla in the heated pan. When the shell is soft, turn over. Place another shell on top of it then flip over so that the second shell can be heated till it is soft. Continue in this fashion, turning the shells as you add new ones.
8. In a 9 in baking dish, place about 4 tbsp of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the pan. Make sure the entire bottom of the pan has some sauce.
9. Arrange 4 or 5 of the shells at the bottom.
10. Spoon more sauce over the shells. Then, spoon some of the meat mixture over the shells.
11. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the meat mixture then cover with remaining shells.
12. Cover remaining shells with sauce, then cheese, then green onions and olives.
13. Bake covered for 30 minutes, then bake uncovered for an addition 10 minutes to brown a little.

Feeds 2-4

10 comments:

Michael Haynes said...

Those look SO yummy. Unfortunately, our daughters got turned off to pan enchiladas quite a few years back and we haven't tried to revisit them. Maybe if we tried chicken ones... Hmmm...

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Oh no! that is so sad. enchiladas are the best :D I hope they get to try it again. I do love chicken enchiladas and vegetarian enchiladas.

Trisha said...

Congrats Tara on your 1 year blogoversary!! :) And hi SN, we are in the same Sci Fi group! Pleased to meet you!

Tara Tyler said...

ooo, en-cheee-lah-das!
they look yummy!
thanks for the recipe =)

Cathy said...

Yummy! I love enchiladas. I'm definitely going to be trying this recipe. Maybe half chicken for the carnivores and half vegitarian for the rest of us. :)

Gail Shepherd said...

This looks delicious! Writing and food is my favorite combination.

Zan Marie said...

Oooh! Can I eat with you?
I'm following you now. I'm in your contemp/mainstream group at the Campaign. See you around. ; )

Alana said...

Oh my gosh - that looks so yummy! You had me at the thick, bubbly cheese ... mmmm

MISH said...

This looks absolutely ... "delilumptious" (delicious+delightful+scrumptious)
Thanks for sharing this !

Heather M. Gardner said...

That's a lot of cheese. Sounds great!
Thanks for sharing,
HMG


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators