Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday's Muse: Teacher Power and more!

I LOVE THIS!!! :D Not just because I am a teacher and I love it, but some of the most amazing people in my life were/are teachers and believe it or not, I, to this day think they had/have superpowers! Can't really explain it but I NEVER got away with anything! But I guess that is what I love about these amazing teachers. I learned so much from them. They did not just 'teach' me, they motivated me, they encouraged me, they supported me, they shared the love of learning with me. I think was the best thing they could have done for me. I am not all that surprised that after looking at a host of possible careers that teaching was the one career that suited me the most! So tell me, what is YOUR superpower?

I have a host of goodies to come this week!!!!!

On the 30th as part of Tara's Blogaversary Blogfest. I will be posting one of my all time favorite recipes (hopefully pictures included if the item does not get eaten before I can take a picture of it! :D)

From Sept 1-7th I will be participating in the Back to the Books Blog Hop co-hosted by I Am A Reader, Not A Writer.  I will be giving away books and prizes away to three lucky winners!!!!! So don't forget to stop by.

Author Interview and Book Giveaway: I just received and started reading The Secret of Spruce Knoll by Heather McCorkle. I'm loving it so far!! On the 9th, Heather will be joining us to talk about her book and some of her interest. Heather is such a fun person so I'm going to love interviewing her! If you have not met Heather or visited her blog then You. Must. Do. It. Now! Ps. Check out her "Friday Feature Creature" posts. They are awesome! :D


Were you a Kurious Kid growing up? What was your favorite picture book? Why was it your favorite? Hop on over to Abby's blog and join her Kurious Kids-Fest as she celebrates reaching 100+ followers.  The Kurious Kids-Fest will run from aug 29th to Sept 10th. Quick, you still have time to enter to win a really fun book or a $10 Amazon gift card!! I will be posting MY fave picture book soon so don't forget to come back to see what mused my childhood :D

6 comments:

David P. King said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'll have to check out those links you posted.

I gave you a Shout-Out today! :)

Abby Fowers said...

How fun! I love the thought that teachers have superpowers! They really do. I am going to school to be a teacher and if it wasn't for all the awesome teachers I had growing up, I probably wouldn't want to do it. Great post! I will be back to see more - sounds like you have lots of fun stuff going on. Come do my KURIOUS KIDS-FEST if you have time! It's going to be great. :)

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Hi David!! Thanks for the shout out!! and congrats of your full request! :D

Sounds fun Abby. I will definitely join! I love picture books although choosing ONE favorite is going to be tough! :/ will be putting my post up soon :D

Heather said...

I love that button too, teachers definitely do have super powers! And thank you so much for the mention. I'm super excited to stop by on the 9th, can't wait!

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Oooo, I homeschooled my two daughters K-12, so I guess that's my super power.

Thanks for all the cool-looking links. I'm heading over to Kurious Kids Fest now.

Jess said...

Teachers really are superheroes. Two in particular come to mind for me: Mrs. Young, my 7th grade English teacher, and Mrs. Kieffer, my senior Composition teacher. They seemed to have x-ray vision right into my future and really encouraged me to write. :)

And I'm in your Fantasy 3 group for the campaign. I look forward to getting to know you!


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators