Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kurious Kids-Fest

In celebration of of reaching 100+ followers, Abby is throwing a fun contest over on her blog. There is still time to join so hop on over to her blog and join the fun!

I was hardly a kurious kid growing up. Don't get me wrong, I loved learning and experiencing new things but what I wasn't a fan of was getting in trouble. My fear of trouble seem to always keep safe and well, not so kurious. But, my favorite place in the whole wide world growing up was the library. It was there that I got to go just about anywhere, learn just about anything. I loved to read. One of the things my mom did for me was taught me how to read to learn. If I wanted to read a "silly" book, I had to read two books (non-fiction). I had to write a short summary about each book so that she knew I read it :D But there was one book... my FAVE book which also happened to be her FAVE book as well... did not count.
My all-time favorite picture book was the Amelia Bedelia series. OMG! That book was so hilariously funny! Amelia Bedelia was a maid who worked really hard to please everyone. She was so kind. But, she was a little silly. Unlike most adults, she seemed so much like a kid to me. She took everything literally, just like a kid! If she was asked to dust the furniture, she dusted the furniture with powder. If she was asked to dress the turkey, she put a dress on the bird. If she was asked to draw the curtains, she pulled out her pen and paper and drew the curtain. :)

I loved it! And I still do to this day! Everyone should experience Amelia Bedelia. And guess what? You can!!!!! I will give away your choice of any Amelia Bedelia book in the series! All you have to do is tell me: What was YOUR FAVORITE PICTURE BOOK from when you were a KURIOUS KID and WHY was it your favorite! Make sure you tell me which book in the series you want.




5 comments:

Juliana L. Brandt said...

I loooved the Amelia Bedelia series when I was little!! Ohman, I love going back and re-reading the books I loved when I was little.

Hello from the campaign trail!

Stacy S. Jensen said...

I filled out the form, but wanted to leave a comment. I'm a campaigner too.

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

Hi Stacy! Thank you and welcome!

TL Conway said...

Oh, this post makes me smile! I *loved* Amelia Bedelia when I was younger! Thank you for bringing up some happy book memories from my childhood!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

*smile* You are most welcome TL. It is so nice to know there are so many other Amelia Bedelia lovers out there :D


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators