Navigation Control Center


You are now entering the world of my thoughts.

This blog is my diary of works in progress. The only way a writer can improve upon her skill is to practice, practice and practice some more. Here, in this place of quiet peace, I pen to paper my thoughts and creativity. Welcome to my world.

Copyright © 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 SN Taylor, All Rights Reserved

Friday, October 1, 2010

Autumn Thoughts

Autumn Thoughts

This morning I woke up to the buzz of my alarm clock.

It was barely light outside and a bit nippy in the room.

I drew my arms around me as I rushed to the bathroom to turn on the hot water for a shower.

The warm steam woke me up.

An hour later, I stepped outside and took a deep breath of fresh air.

Cool, a tad breezy and moist, it had a light smell of newly fallen droplets of rain. Here in Seattle, autumn had arrived.

How I love autumn.

When long, hot summer days bade us farewell.

Most birds embark on their annual migrations.

Insects and critters get ready for hibernation.

Soon, local trees will be crowned majestically with red, orange and yellow leaves. Crisp winds will carry away any that fall.

The sun will play peek-a-boo behind clouds high in the northwest sky.

The smell of pumpkin spice and everything nice like nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice will be the official aroma of homes and bakeries.

I will find my warm, cozy red fleece throw to decorate my bed with.

And on those brisk autumn nights, I look forward to warm spicy cider, my autumn throw, and an exciting new novel to curl up with.

Autumn my love, how I love thee!

You are my season.


Member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators